Mortal Kombat Scorpion and Sub-Zero

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > Mortal Kombat > Mortal Kombat Classic

Notices

Mortal Kombat Classic Talk about Mortal Kombat old games which includes: MK, MK II, MK 3, Ultimate MK 3, MK Advance, MK Trilogy, MK 4, MK Gold, MKDA ,MKD, MKA., MK Vs. DCU, MK9 and MKXL, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate earlier).

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
What are you expecting MK10 to be like?

Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 174
Likes (Received): 33
My Mood: Buzzed
Total Downloaded: 0
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Jonnyrp Jonnyrp is offline 03-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Rating: text (0 votes - average)

Basically, i would like to know your thoughts about the next MK (MK10). Ideas about characters and storyline are welcome.

Since Shinnok seems to be ready to pose a threat, and that Raiden, Johnny and Sonya lost allies and therefore seem to be weakened, do you think it'll be pretty similar to MK4? Or will it be another bold game covering MK4, MKDA and MKD?

I really think Shinnok won't hesitate and invade both Earthrealm and Outworld this time and many characters from MK4 and later will come along but i think their story and the game in general will end up being really different from what we had during the 3d era. Shinnok could possibility end up invading Earthrealm only though but i doubt it.

So in your opinion, what is the next step in terms of story and for the chars introduced?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
MKRayden
Owner

1monstermem Champion Pacman Champion yeti1_5shots Champion bloodypingu Champion
text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 271
Likes (Received): 137
My Mood: Innocent
Total Downloaded: 111.28 MB
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: MKRayden
if mk9 story true then next mk game story is similar to mk4 and fujin, bo rai cho , sub-zero and maybe young shujinko join raiden team.
MKRayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
So a little like me you think that Outworld will be involved this time. And their good guys ally with earthrealm. Yeah, nice thought. I often forget about Shujinko. But do you think he'll be hero this time or soon?

And instead of focusing so much on MK4 and DA, is there a possibility that Shinnok would be aware that Raiden came from the future (MKA times.) to try and change the course of things?

I think that a Shinnok being aware of that change of the timeline could be interesting.

I guess Shujinko was mentioned somewhere in MK9, but i could be wrong.
Bo Rai Cho, Shujinko, Kai, Li Mei, Fujin, Nitara and probably Sareena to join Johnny, Sonya and Raiden would all be a possibility at this point. That doesn't make too much good guys if the roster reaches something near 30.

But to be honest, on the side of the bad guys this time i'm expecting Quan Chi to live something that will have him out of the roster for the next game(s). Depending on what type of storymode we'll be granted with i wonder who's gonna be hero. i wish Raiden doesn't get killed but Fujin or Johnny Cage would make fine heroes imo.

Last edited by Jonnyrp; 03-20-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Jonnyrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
MKRayden
Owner

1monstermem Champion Pacman Champion yeti1_5shots Champion bloodypingu Champion
text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 271
Likes (Received): 137
My Mood: Innocent
Total Downloaded: 111.28 MB
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: MKRayden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyrp View Post
Yeah, nice thought. I often forget about Shujinko. But do you think he'll be hero this time or soon?
 Click to show spoiler

And instead of focusing so much on MK4 and DA, is there a possibility that Shinnok would be aware that Raiden came from the future (MKA times.) to try and change the course of things?

I think that a Shinnok being aware of that change of the timeline could be interesting.

I guess Shujinko was mentioned somewhere in MK9, but i could be wrong.
Bo Rai Cho, Shujinko, Kai, Li Mei, Fujin, Nitara and probably Sareena to join Johnny, Sonya and Raiden would all be a possibility at this point. That doesn't make too much good guys if the roster reaches something near 30.

But to be honest, on the side of the bad guys this time i'm expecting Quan Chi to live something that will have him out of the roster for the next game(s). Depending on what type of storymode we'll be granted with i wonder who's gonna be hero. i wish Raiden doesn't get killed but Fujin or Johnny Cage would make fine heroes imo.
 Click to show spoiler

MKRayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
Are you so sure about that so that you have to mark it as spoilers? But you could be right and have a good point about the possiblities for Shujinko as hero.

Since i really think that Kang is dead. Not for good or out of the roster for good. But i think he's more than just injured. I've taken notes about what some chars will be going through but they are pretty quick and genuine ideas. Sareena not joining the good side? You mean not introduced? Cause she could help Sub. 50% of the time and more i'm wrong so.

This time i think the hero could turn out to be anyone of those: Raiden, Fujin, Shujinko, Johnny Cage, Kai, Sonya or maybe Taven. I actually never missed Taven but he's ok. Li Mei or Bobo? I doubt since they're Outworldians.

EDIT: Bo Rai Cho and Li Mei will most likely be related. He's kind of the guide for the Outworldians imo and Li could be his strongest student out of the Outworld good guys.

Raiden won't turn dark, or not yet imo. He'll keep guiding. Could be hero and i would be happy since he has some story with Shinnok. I guess he's gonna require a lot of help like the help of the wind god who survived to Shinnok when he killed 3 other gods if i remember well. But imo Shinnok will be a greater threat than ever before this time. And the fallen Elder God must always be possessing his amulet at this time.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF RAIDEN EVER HAS A VISION REMEMBERING HIM OF HOW SHUJINKO ENDED UP WAKING THE DRAGON KING?

Would he want Shujinko's head? Or try and guide him in order to avoid that?

Quan Chi: Could end up trying to steal the amulet but as i said, i predict a bad fate for him this time.

Tanya: Well i don't think she'll try a rise to power so fast. With the bad guys from Outworld and the Netherealm? She'll probably be a servant still.

Sareena: Will probably help Sub Zero turn human again imo. But as soon as next game? Wonders.

Johnny, Sonya and Kenshi will obviously have the mandate to go against Shinnok and btw try and free their dead comrades from their fate. I have a feeling Johnny will have the spot this time.

Kai or Shujinko? Probably will be recruited and training to become the next heroes. I actually think that if Kai ended up with more development and his own persona he could do great things.

CHARACTERS THAT I THINK WILL STILL LACK DEVELOPMENT AND CLEAR REASON AS TO WHY THEY DO WHAT THEY DO:

The black Dragons and Red dragons: Well, scratch the previous sentence. It is pretty clear to me that the 2 clans will never ally. I sense rivalry between the 2 but Kano seems to have lived.

I had an idea back in the MKDA-MKD days to bring back Jarek. Basically the Black dragons would have stolen the Lin Kuei technology and try to make Jarek half human half Cyborg. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

*Damn, i should really post one of my fan stories one day.*

Dairou, Hotaru, Darius: I think the war between Chaos and order could still take place but a little later. Hotaru could end up trying to control this invasion of the Netherealm with his army though. But as an extremist, like trying to control Outworld at the same time.

Havik: If he ever is introduced well, too easy. He'll be on Shinnok's side mostly to see Outworld and Earthrealm die in agony imo.

Nitara: If not just a DLC at this time she could be a bad guy but i highly doubt she'll be other than Neutral. What does she had to do with the Netherealm war though? Just this time? Outworld is involved. Cyrax didn't end broken in the desert of Outworld yet so i sense no development of hers once again so that is why i'm looking forward to a DLC option. That being said she could start up as a Shinnok servant or try and ally with the one that will offer the most. Her allying with the good guys isn't impossible at all imo. She's kind of Outworldian by default so she somewhat can't let it die yet. Earthrealm either.

So there is also Ashrah: I doubt they will step to her rivalry with the vampire race right now. But allying with Shinnok, she could truly make her way out of the Netherealm one day imo.

You know, Ermac would be an obvious way to help the dead warriors be free from the Netherealm if he still end up turning good. I doubt this will happen like this once again but it could.

And this is just a part of the characters that i think will show in the near future.

Last edited by Jonnyrp; 03-25-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Da Repp Resents
Beginner

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
My Mood: Inspired
I am not sure how the storyline will play out. The game kind of threw me for a whoopdee after Armageddon. Since the three of them are already or have been dead I would say Scorpion, Noob and Smoke would return. I am curious how much more they can pull out of the fatality bag. I am hoping that they will continue and maybe make the tag team element a little more involved. How about tag team special attacks with x-rays. Check this out. Noob throws out a black hole but the opponent doesn't bite but now you use your TTSA and Scorpion comes out throws a spear and pulls the opponent into the black hole. As that happens Noob or maybe a third character catches the opponent in midair with a special attack of his/her own and ends with an X-ray damage finish. Other than that I am looking for something a little bit more defensive friendly to compliment the offensive heavy game play we have been seeing since the beginning. If none of those happen then I don't know what to say except don't make me whip my link out. (The prior comment is not meant to be construed as vulgar unless you want it as such. Da Repp Resents does not and will not ever take any responsibility for how you, your family, your relatives living or dead, your pets living or dead, your angry bird collection {which is already angry and probably offended} reacts, responds, retorts, recoils, knee jerks, cries, pisses, moans, bitches, objects, protests and basically wastes time replying to the preceding statement. Thank you.)
Da Repp Resents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
@Da Repp Resents

Well, the topic is more about how you think the next game will turn out in terms of story or characters fates instead of about the technical aspects of each one but interesting idea.

With the release of the wii U planned for somewhere the end of the year we could have to wait a while for a sequel.

Mostly interested in the story/fates of the 30+ chars that weren't introduced yet than those shoe in or possible returning chars at the moment.

Last edited by Jonnyrp; 03-30-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #8
kombatant_mark_anthony
Super Moderator

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 10
My Mood: Relaxed
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: mad4games89
i was thinking that maybe it could be a tag team MK game using two characters.