Mortal Kombat Scorpion and Sub-Zero

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > MKNexusonline Zone > News Updates

Notices

News Updates Read all the latest news about Mortal Kombat from around the world..

Comment

Bookmark and Share Article Tools Search this Article
Midway golden parachutes bronzed
Published by Sector610
04-17-2009
Midway golden parachutes bronzed

Bankrupt Mortal Kombat house Midway Games hopes to sell off its assets for "at least" $30 million in total, bankruptcy filings viewed by Gamasutra reveal.

Achieving that "target amount" is one of two milestones within Midway's revised key employee incentive plan (KEIP), which a court approved on April 6.

If eligible participants in the KEIP are able to - with a court's approval - sell off the company's assets to a bidder or bidders, and generate net sale proceeds surpassing the $30 million mark, they're entitled to partake in a cash reward pool of "not more than $600,000."

A second supplemental milestone requires key personnel to either come up with a court-approved plan to reorganize or liquidate Midway in a manner that is "acceptable to the lender," or formulate a plan that allows the company to pay off the lender's secured claims.

Employees could also meet the second milestone by closing the sale of company assets in an auction. The filing said that if the company's net sale proceeds met the $30 million mark, Midway will pay key personnel $1 million once the sale of the company closes, plus the $600,000 from the first milestone. For every $1 million over the target sale mark, eligible employees stand to earn an additional $75,000.

The filing said that Midway determined the bonus amounts by considering "the level of payment that is necessary or appropriate to provide an economic incentive for each Participant to exert additional efforts beyond his/her normal duties on behalf of the Company," among other reasons.

The payouts will likely be considerably less than those proposed in the original KEIP, proposed in March, in which 28 employees were poised to divvy up $3.75 million in bonuses.

Creditors and a U.S. Trustee overseeing Midway's bankruptcy [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of that original plan unacceptable. Midway subsequently submitted the current revision, which a bankruptcy court approved last week.

In February, Midway [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to alleviate pressure from creditors - bond owners to which it owes $150 million after the departure of former majority stakeholder Sumner Redstone triggered a buyback obligation. To make matters worse, the publisher's debts compound to $240 million in the face of its inability to fulfill the obligation.

textLatest 5 articles
text
text
By MKRayden on 04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks Sector610 it seems you are doing News editor Job
By Sector610 on 04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
well you explained to me the rules so i figured i would do it right this time and most every time after i hope...
By Shotokan on 04-17-2009, 10:41 AM
So this means what? They're screwed and have limited time to pay or have to pay the full amount? I suppose they got sick of waiting for the debt to pile up on production..
By Shan on 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRayden View Post
Thanks Sector610 it seems you are doing News editor Job
Don't rub it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector610 View Post
well you explained to me the rules so i figured i would do it right this time and most every time after i hope...
You can start topics here now?
By Shotokan on 04-24-2009, 12:34 PM
O.o He couldn't before? Oh, right.....hmm...o.O *still confused* Anyway, so I take it this still means Midway needs someone to buy them out..
By MKRayden on 04-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Don't rub it in.

You can start topics here now?
No one can make topic in news forum except you and me shan i just moved his topic in news forum
Comment