Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero and Scorpion

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > Pc and Consoles Gaming > Pc / Console Gaming > PlayStation Gaming Review

Notices

PlayStation Gaming Review All Play Station gaming review

Comment

Bookmark and Share Review Tools Search this Review
Batman: Arkham City
Published by Jonnyrp
01-02-2012
Author review
Graphics
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Difficulty Level
40%40%40%
Value
100%100%100%
Average 85%
text

Batman: Arkham city is the follow up to the highly acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum. Does this sequel stands up to the previous game? The task was hard but yes it did.

After losing to the dark knight in Arkham Asylum, the Joker is left wounded and ill. But yes, he still has his subordinate, the lovely Harley Quinn to take care of him and this time, he's not the only threat to Gotham City. A much bigger plot is happening, right in the middle of a part of the city which was transformed into a prison. But i'm not revealing any vilain you will encounter or spoiling you with anymore about the story.

In terms of look, this sequel remains obviously highly respectable, if not flawless once more. The darkness has taken over the city, the sun doesn't even seem to show up to add to the mood of it.

So this time, you basically walk, climb and fly in the middle of the city instead of being stucked on a isolated island. Once i got into the game though, i was first convinced that there would be much more room to explore but that is not quite the fact. Which kind of sux, unless you buy the ability to use Catwoman as a DLC character. There are a lot of buildings but Batman can't allow himself to enter where he's not invited after all no? So as a result, many doors are locked and you will enter only the buildings that the game or story allows you to enter if you will. And making it throught this story seems even easier this time than the previous one. The challenge is probably the biggest flaw in my eyes. Once more, the bosses don't require too many thinking or skills and this cheapens it. Trying to get to a building without being killed by snipers remains the hardest task this time again. An other thing it lacks is the fact that in this more or less vast environment, you are still not provided with the chance to use any vehicules. There isn't even a level in which you must defend yourself from aboard the Batmobile or the Batplane. Everything you do, you do on foot or by climbing and gliding.

These little flaws don't come close to hurt the playability and the value of the game though. Becuz for the little lacks, a shit load of stuff have been added this time. Things such as: Side missions. You will in fact be able to decide weather you are willing to spend time on one of these numerous side missions each time they appear on your map and that before continuing with the mission in course. And trust me, there seem to be a lot of these side missions. I bought the game on its week of release and i'm not done with them yet.

There are also some new features like gadgets added to Batman's armory if i'm right.

With that being said, the gameplay doesn't differ much from the previous game, mostly the same. Except for these little gadgets added that you will have to learn how to use in the middle of an handicap fight, nothing has changed. So everyone that has played Arkham Asylum will feel confortable. And this gameplay being what it is, really easy to catch on and fun, new players should have no reason to complain about it in my point of view.

Ready to take down some thugs and super vilains? Well it has never been as fun to do in a Batman game before.

9.5/10 as a general rating. If only the story missions had been harder and more numerous, providing a longer and better challenge this game would have been flawless. Still the side missions are there to keep you on the same BatChannel for a while if you are willing to do them all. Personally, i do one or 2 once in a while.

text
Comment