Mortal Kombat Nexus Sektor Banner

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > MKNexusonline Zone > News Updates

Notices

News Updates Read all the latest news about Mortal Kombat from around the world..

Comment

Bookmark and Share Article Tools Search this Article
Hands On With Final Version Of MK vs. DC + New Footage!
Hands On With Final Version Of MK vs. DC + New Footage!
Published by Shan
10-02-2008
Post Hands On With Final Version Of MK vs. DC + New Footage!

A new video of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]gameplay has surfaced. Whether this is really the "final" version is unclear.

This video shows gameplay for the Xbox 360.

Watch it here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

An article follows the video:

Quote:
Is it safe to say the Mortal Kombat franchise is back to it’s former glory? Well after hands on time with the final build of MK vs. DC i have a feeling it’s just about there. The first thing that stood out to me while playing, was how well the DC and Mk universe meshed together. Now i know there’s alot of haters out there, but guys give it a chance. I doubt you’ll agree that the whole concept is ridiculous or stupid once you’ve played the game. And speaking of play, some of you old school Mk fans will feel right at home with the familiar attacks and moves input, hell even the good old uppercuts have returned.

What’s also cool is the ease of pick up and play. Having been away from the MK games for years, i was able to get in along with a friend (who rarely plays games to begin with) and start brawling with out having to resort to using cheesy moves. Now don’t take this as the game being way to easy. Like all fighting games, Mk vs DC has moves which will require some time to master. Moves like reversals and the use of the analog stick to move on a 3d plane. And no… you didn’t hear wrong, the analog stick is used to move or “side step” your character towards the foreground or away in the background. While playing it’s easy for someone to forget they can move around like that. Having to switch from the digital to the analog control is alittle awkward and may turn off players. Thankfully the Mk gods saw it fit to support the recently released arcade sticks for the ps3 and x360. If they didn’t i think would’ve had to raised some hell! In my opinion, arcade sticks are the only way to go for fighting games.

Another cool feature worth mentioning is the chat rooms they’ll have setup for players. As quoted to “bring back that arcade feel” of the crowds that would gather round the arcade cabinets watching the fights. The chatrooms will allow players to talk or brag to each other about thier skills before the next match or during a match in session. This is a nice little addition that should be a standard for all fighting games going forward. All in all Mk vs DC looks to bring the franchise back out of the darkness from which it lurked. Stripping away all the silly bloated content…ahem kombat karts anyone?…ahem and taking players back to it’s bare bones roots of good ‘ol mk fun albiet with a splash of superheroes in the mix. Dare i say it?…ahhh screw it..MOOOOORTAL KOOOOOOMBAT! Damn now i gotta go and listen to that movie soundtrack….

textLatest 5 articles
text
text
By little-cheeze on 10-02-2008, 10:15 AM

where is shao kahn
By MKRayden on 10-02-2008, 10:54 AM
This is beta character screen.
By Shan on 10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by little-cheeze View Post
where is shao kahn
He and Darkseid must be unlocked.
By Shotokan on 10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah the online chat part i guess..well not the greatest video I've seen of it but looks pretty cool, i can't wait to see the story mode video's so i hope someone records it.
By little-cheeze on 10-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRayden View Post
This is beta character screen.
no its the final i got it from that video also baraka is there
By dbro91 on 10-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Can Shao Kahn and Darkseid even be unlocked? I assumed they were bosses so unless they're secret like how Blaze & Mokap were in MKDA, or maybe even others, they probably aren't playable.
Hehe they're kinda posing like MK3 style.
Hey I think they aligned the rivals together by placement of the characters. Err actually never mind they're aligned according to when they were released. Still, kinda cool.
By Rain on 10-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Darkseid and Shao Kahn have to be unlocked as he says in the video.. You can unlock Shao Kahn by doin somethin wid MK chars and Darkseid by doin something wid DC chars..
By dbro91 on 10-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh i didn't watch the video...
Well that's cool. If there's taunts I can only imagine what Shao Kahn might say...
Did they say anything about story mode?
Comment