Mortal Kombat Scorpion and Sub-Zero

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > MKNexusonline Zone > News Updates

Notices

News Updates Read all the latest news about Mortal Kombat from around the world..

Comment

Bookmark and Share Article Tools Search this Article
Interview: Hector Sanchez and return to the origins of Mortal Kombat
Interview: Hector Sanchez and return to the origins of Mortal Kombat
Published by MKRayden
03-15-2011
Post Interview: Hector Sanchez and return to the origins of Mortal Kombat

Hector Sanchez is more than just one producer, is practically a star of the Brazilian players.After five visits to the country he speaks a little Portuguese, enjoy a carnival and guzzled among fans that appear to show his tattoos and costumes of Mortal Kombat - always with a smile and enviable willingness to
talk with everyone.

About five years working in the MK series, Hector is now a producer and works closely with teams of art and design. He was present at Gameworld 2011 to promote the game battling Netherrealm and spoke with Kotaku Brazil.

Kotaku Brazil: The last game was Mortal Kombat Vs DC. Kotaku Brazil: The last game was Mortal Kombat Vs DC. What you have brought him, which I could learn this game?

Hector Sanchez: A key learning was how to use the Unreal Engine to make a 2D fighting game. Hector Sanchez: The key was learning how to use the Unreal Engine to make a 2D fighting game. MK vs. DC game was a 2.5D environment, and you could walk across the stage. MK vs. DC game was a 2.5D environment, and You Could walk across the stage. Now we decided to get rid of these "side steps" and go back to 2D. Now we DECIDED to get rid of these "side steps" and go back to 2D. It's our second game with the Unreal and we have much more knowledge. It's our second game with the Unreal and We Have much more knowledge. We are taking advantage of the potential that this system offers - is the lighting, physics and all that our crew is doing, including optimizing everything to make the game run at 60 frames per second. We are taking advantage of the potential this system That Offers - is the lighting, physics and All That Our crew is doing, including optimizing everything to make the game run at 60 frames per second. It's all very nice and people are getting the game well, then I think we're all doing a good job. It's all very nice and people are getting the game well, then I think we're all doing a good job.

Kotaku BR: New Mortal Kombat has versions for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Do you plan to give some support to other platforms like the Wii and PSP?

Hector: Now we're not even thinking about it. Hector: Now we're not even thinking about it. We want to make sure that the versions of PS3 and Xbox 360 are impeccable. We want to make sure That the versions of PS3 and Xbox 360 are impeccable. But who knows? But who knows? The whole team is focused on making these two issues are good. The whole team is focused on making These two issues are good.

Kotaku BR: We wanted a version for the Wii with Mario! Kotaku BR: We wanted a version for the Wii with Mario!

Hector: Who knows you do not help me with this? Hector: Who knows not of you help me with this? Pack up the phone [Shigeru] Miyamoto. Pack up the phone [Shigeru] Miyamoto. I want to do the Fatality Princess [Peach]. I want to do the Fatality Princess [Peach].

Kotaku BR: And now we have 200 questions like: "we will have Master Chief? Kotaku BR: And now We Have 200 questions like: "We Will Have Master Chief? We have ...?" We have ...? "
Hector: Yeah, I keep getting this kind of question. Hector: Yeah, I keep getting this kind of question. I love the fans, and if they want to see someone in the same game they ask. I love the fans, and if They Want to see someone in the Same Game They ask. I love answer all these questions. I love answering questions All These. In the end we're all fans and we were thinking of the possibilities but do not know, maybe Mario is not the best candidate for this type of game. In the end we're all fans and We Were the Possibilities But thinking of the not know, maybe Mario is not the best candidate for this type of game.

Kotaku BR: Is there a Difference Between American and Brazilian fans of Mortal Kombat? They like the same things, want the same things?

Hector: You know, it's funny. Hector: You know, it's funny. A fan of Mortal Kombat is a fan of Mortal Kombat anywhere in the world. A fan of Mortal Kombat is a fan of Mortal Kombat anywhere in the world. I think this goes beyond all cultures. I think this goes Beyond all cultures. They want blood, they are intense, are passionate, enjoy fighting games and know what they want. They want blood, They are intense, are passionate, enjoy fighting games and know what They Want. We're all fans of Mortal Kombat from small and grow with the series. We're all fans of Mortal Kombat from small and grow with the series. I respect the fans of Mortal Kombat from Brazil, the USA, Germany, Russia, and we're all one big family. I respect the fans of Mortal Kombat from Brazil, the USA, Germany, Russia, and we're all one big family.

textLatest 5 articles
text
text
Comment