Mortal Kombat Scorpion and Sub-Zero

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > Mortal Kombat > Mortal Kombat Classic

Notices

Mortal Kombat Classic Talk about Mortal Kombat old games which includes: MK, MK II, MK 3, Ultimate MK 3, MK Advance, MK Trilogy, MK 4, MK Gold, MKDA ,MKD, MKA., MK Vs. DCU, MK9 and MKXL, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate earlier).

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
Protector_of_Edenia
Arrival

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Total Downloaded: 0
Just got the Kollector's Edition today!!

ok, so I went to the store and they had the game on the shelves. I immediately went and bought the Kollector's Edition for 70 bucks and the game so far is pretty damn fun.

The fighting is cool. You can mix up the combos and special attacks for different effects.

=*SPOILER*=

Right now I am stuck on Dark Khan in story mode, he is such a little bitch!!! I hate him!!! omfg I have died like, 20 times so far.

what do you guys think so far? Those that have it of course.

Also, add me if ya wanna play online!

Andor_Trask

Old 11-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Rain
Master

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
Why dont u post a Review about it.. in the Sub-Forum in the Playstation forum?
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Shan
Warrior

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 10
My Mood: Asleep
Perhaps that should wait until next week, say, Wednesday.
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:25 AM   #4
Shotokan
Skilled Warrior

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 2
My Mood: Happy
So I assume MK VS DC?? Has it been released? I don't think so..at least not where I live. Not sure what I can say as all you've said is dark kahn is hard....but anyway yeah you can also post a review on this..someone post the whole story mode! I can't play the game, literally XD
Old 11-16-2008, 01:39 AM   #5
Protector_of_Edenia
Arrival

text Post Thanks / Like
ah well, I've never done a review of anything before lol...

So far I like it, though it does kind of feel like it was put together rather quickly...

The menus and whatnot...they feel as though they are from a cheap 10 dollar game xD

but aside from that, the combat is VERRY good, though you WILL get mad from time to time lol...stupid rage mode

seriously though, when you play thru MK story the first time, you will see how powerful the DC side is!! they dont play around!

ive unlocked 2 trophies so far
Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
BrianOK87
Fighter

text Post Thanks / Like
I got the game too! So far here's what I've come up with....

I played DC story first. Just to see.

Wonder Woman - Kind of a hard one to use. Her specials go from medium to short range. Her combos are pretty cool though.

Joker - Tons and Tons of specials! Really hard to use if you want to hand to hand but easy to use if you want to special the crap out of the guy.

Shazam - One of the hardest to beat in story. You use Wonder Woman and man he is good. Fast and his Teleporting comes fast. He is also fun to use.

GL- Easy to use, some of specials require timing.

Luthor - Difficult at first because he does feel stiff, but he's got some sick combos along with a homing missle.

Batman - I didn't really like him. He's got some cheap tricks and his combat isn't as good as I thought it would be.

Superman - Really good. Has diverse powers. But you gotta watch the freezing because it comes rather slow. Also YOU CAN FREEZE DARK KAHN!!

Flash - is fast. I don't know if it's his moves or when you do a combo it goes in Flash speed. It's really cool though. He has a lot of good evasive moves. His damage isn't much but how fast you pull off hits make up for it.

Dark Kahn is pretty hard to beat. I still haven't beat him. I'm going to wait til tomorrow then I'll jump to MK. That's another cool thing about this game. You pick a side. Then you see the other sides awesome moves and combos and you want to go to that side, but you also want to see how the ending of the current side pans out. Keeps you hungry for more.

The only real complaints is this..... The test your might when you run through walls is annoying, Rage is annoying although helpful sometimes but not really, The computer will spam the heck out of a special, and for some reason they say Fight! when they're about to fight during story mode which is a bit cheesy. Also I'm still not sure how to counter Freefall and Klose Kombat.

It does feel like and MK2 game with a little MK4 in it. Some people don't think so because they are ignorant and they see 3D looks so it can't be like an MK2 game.

It is like it. With LOADS of moves.
BrianOK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
Rain
Master

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
You can Switch sides in Freefall kombat by pressing teh Exact button which the Attacker is pressing .. that goes for Close Kombat too i guess... but nice review :)
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
Protector_of_Edenia
Arrival

text Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
You can Switch sides in Freefall kombat by pressing teh Exact button which the Attacker is pressing .. that goes for Close Kombat too i guess... but nice review :)
yeah you have to watch what button the enemy presses and press it the exact same moment...its really hard to time and I always lose freefall or klose kombat. this game is hard :(

I put it on very easy and its still hard!! LOL...

well, on higher levels, like 2 people below khan or darkseid on arcade mode is when it starts getting hard.

deathstroke is really cool, I like his gunshot.

but yeah, this game is not easy, you gotta have skills!!

also, I think its hilarious when the joker laughs during the fight, hes funny
Old 11-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #9
BrianOK87
Fighter

text Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector_of_Edenia View Post
yeah you have to watch what button the enemy presses and press it the exact same moment...its really hard to time and I always lose freefall or klose kombat. this game is hard :(

I put it on very easy and its still hard!! LOL...

well, on higher levels, like 2 people below khan or darkseid on arcade mode is when it starts getting hard.

deathstroke is really cool, I like his gunshot.

but yeah, this game is not easy, you gotta have skills!!

also, I think its hilarious when the joker laughs during the fight, hes funny
Deathstroke is alot like Stryker. Gun shot, two flash grenades and some weapon attacks like Stryker's baton.
BrianOK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 AM   #10
LK765
Ultimate Fighter

text Post Thanks / Like
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianOK87 View Post
I got the game too! So far here's what I've come up with....

I played DC story first. Just to see.

Wonder Woman - Kind of a hard one to use. Her specials go from medium to short range. Her combos are pretty cool though.

Joker - Tons and Tons of specials! Really hard to use if you want to hand to hand but easy to use if you want to special the crap out of the guy.

Shazam - One of the hardest to beat in story. You use Wonder Woman and man he is good. Fast and his Teleporting comes fast. He is also fun to use.

GL- Easy to use, some of specials require timing.

Luthor - Difficult at first because he does feel stiff, but he's got some sick combos along with a homing missle.

Batman - I didn't really like him. He's got some cheap tricks and his combat isn't as good as I thought it would be.

Superman - Really good. Has diverse powers. But you gotta watch the freezing because it comes rather slow. Also YOU CAN FREEZE DARK KAHN!!

Flash - is fast. I don't know if it's his moves or when you do a combo it goes in Flash speed. It's really cool though. He has a lot of good evasive moves. His damage isn't much but how fast you pull off hits make up for it.

Dark Kahn is pretty hard to beat. I still haven't beat him. I'm going to wait til tomorrow then I'll jump to MK. That's another cool thing about this game. You pick a side. Then you see the other sides awesome moves and combos and you want to go to that side, but you also want to see how the ending of the current side pans out. Keeps you hungry for more.

The only real complaints is this..... The test your might when you run through walls is annoying, Rage is annoying although helpful sometimes but not really, The computer will spam the heck out of a special, and for some reason they say Fight! when they're about to fight during story mode which is a bit cheesy. Also I'm still not sure how to counter Freefall and Klose Kombat.

It does feel like and MK2 game with a little MK4 in it. Some people don't think so because they are ignorant and they see 3D looks so it can't be like an MK2 game.

It is like it. With LOADS of moves.

There's only so much improvement you can do to the menu. I like your analysis. MK vs. DC is a very tough project to put together so I'll give boon and DC some slack. My favorites for DC are shazam, superman, flash, and GL. Wonder Woman has freaky moves (not in a good way). the game costs 60-70 dollars, looks like I'll have to wait for a little while.
LK765 is offline   Reply With Quote