Mortal Kombat Scorpion and Sub-Zero

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > MKNexusonline Realm > Chit Chat

Notices

Chit Chat Place for you to just hang out and talk about whatever makes our little minds tick. Rant and rave if you may, but try keeping it clean!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 174
Likes (Received): 33
My Mood: Buzzed
Total Downloaded: 0
Next time

Well, this is in relation to MK9 but not about anything that's in the game so i post here.

This will be my last REALLY LONG post.
Mk creators now want us to only go deeper in a story that happened 20 years ago? They only care about bringing new players to the franchise (More money.) tHAT IS OK WITH ME. Was I ever provided with a much more elaborate story 20 years ago? Nope.

I need to buy something in order to activate a code to be able to play online? Give me some online stuff. I’m not provided with anything but starting to hate Freddy and Kratos. (I own both franchises. I watch Freddy’s movies again when bored or when i want to relax for the evening. No need for him in MK before any MK char though. He had what he deserved when I bought the movies. Cause this time anyone who never played an MK will see what this is but only because Freddy’s in?)

MK vs DC universe being as much about DC than MK, i will forgive this one.

We are also offered a classic MK fight stick. Cool, but what’s wrong with traditional controllers? Too much work? The price of the fight stick? 130$. This is like buying two copies of MK9. You already have one? Make it three if you buy the stick.
The new MK legacy episodes: Thousands and thousands more dollars in their pocket.

You want to be fed with much more gold? I don’t mind but where am I fed? While some dig up money with a shovel and know that 50$ is easily spent on trying to live? MK creators dig up money with a bulldozer from now on and they will want every damn penny that’s in the ground. The fans come after (Prove me wrong if that bugs you.)

That being said, if they care much more about the fans than the money, when Freddy and Kratos have their spot in the roster where’s Nitara? She arrived in MK5, Kenshi too. He’s much more popular? He had teleport moves (Ermac). His sword stance and moves were similar to Scorpion’s (The icon of the franchise.) Kenshi was also blinded by Shang Tsung. Making him a potential hero from the get go (Liu was dead). Li Mei? An Asian female, provided with a special move similar to Liu Kang’s bicycle kick but using her fists. Mavado? At least Kabal’s hookswords. There are just a few I know but some prefer him to Kabal. Frost? NO COMMENT. She’s still cool. I’m not bugged with Kenshi at all, but they had spaces that they filled with characters that added nothing to the whole franchise in my opinion.

After empowering the MK team by buying their games, I learn to play as Nitara against freezing moves and Spear, against impale and reversal. I was often meeting with a couple friends to prove them she had more than her alternate costume (seemed designed to appeal to a lonely group of black metal fans on hard drugs at first. That’s what I was told and was proven but still I love the character.) She had nothing of an easy pick in my opinion. Probably more of a shocking character than Scorpion since we already knew him. She was a vampire? For a rated M, popular fighting game. SOME THINK SHE’S POINTLESS IN MK’S ENVIRONMENT. HOW? She had nothing of a cartoon Morrigan except the wings. But I’m clean and learning to defend against a Sub Zero player? Freezing, impale and power up. When you know he focuses on the moment to impale when he’s got his weapon? Also focusing and how to see me coming with Nitara’s throw? (Unlike Shang Tsung I had to be in a much closer range to perform her throw. Sub Zero could freeze a close opponent.)

Seeing Freddy and Kratos in the roster enrages me. Where am I rewarded? I could have my ass kicked anytime I wouldn’t mind. I never used Scorpion and Raiden much again since playing DA. That is sad that they want me to go back cause I won’t. Where are they listening to the fans at all?

And after all, where’s Mokap? He’s my least favorite character but between him and Nitara, how many characters are forgotten to the profit of two already popular chars like Freddy and Kratos? Dairu must have a couple fans after all. If Hsu Hao or Dairu fans don’t care about that, well that’s their problem. But I do. How are they even being fair?

Nitara was provided with a cool bio back in the Armageddon era. Promising us with a potential future for the character and her new found rival. Since now people start to dream about having Jason Voorhees introduced, you can be sure they don’t plan on working on Nitara any time soon. 2 words:Unfulfilled promise. With the success of MK9? Pleasing both old fans and new fans? They won’t have to alter the roster a single bit in the years to come and it will still work. Like many other characters, she will be lost in time for many years. Any one remembers Killer Instinct? Never played it that much, but if you do remember and if you used to play that game, you know what means lost in time. This will be for many years to come sadly. Left as a reminder. And this player won’t agree.

The unhappy ones aren’t part of the general large pool of MK fans. Because we are only a few, they count us as lesser fans. Defending a minority means failure I know. They won’t care and with all they’re gaining lately, probably nobody would. They had me wait for the downloadable stuff though only to tell me I wouldn’t be provided with anything to face Scorpion but Freddy Krueger? (Take off the gloves, he looks like a scarecrow.)They disrespected me. I had my most epic battles facing my two favorites with Nitara: Scorpion and Raiden. Sub was making me mad too but I tried hard.

So, if I’m ever quitting the boat, I feel by getting new people in (Which I respect and understand: Skarlet, Cyber Sub being alright for that type of franchise.) they are also pushing me off by telling me something like: Try Freddy instead of your fav or get off. This is one of the most disrespectful thing they could do in my eyes. I was ready to give 2d a new shot but not anymore. In return I was buying their games since I’m 8 or 9. When growing up I was sparing money to spend on their stuff still.

What comes out of Ed Boon’s mouth sounds like: “TRADING THE TWO OR THREE MORE PENNIES THAT FREDDY WILL PROVIDE US AGAINST YOUR FAV? GO **** YOURSELF.”

He still has creative control over much of it so I WISH HE'LL DO SOMETHING.
This is how I take it. He’s spitting in my face clearly. I won’t spit back because the people here deserve that I remain respectful to the game they love. But I WISH I'LL BE ABLE TO STAY RESPECTFUL after what I’m noticing. They are clearly going in some way that I won’t feel the will to follow anymore.

Pleasing everyone is hard? FALSE. They are now pleasing most of the MK fans and along with Freddy and Kratos fans. Next game they can please Jason Voorhees fans for more money in their pockets. They have the means to please everyone. And including one or two new characters (That might end up forgotten for 10 years or so. Nightwolf, Sindel, Kabal were back then.) Believing my fav might ever be back is almost impossible. Mavado or Hsu Hao ever come back? Thank god, good for their fans. But wings in a 2d environment?? I want to fly goddamn. Old ground fights brought me nothing. (And by flying I don’t mean bringing back air combat. NOOOPE!)

I still wish for these boards to remain active. Since most people here seem to have one ounce of respect. I would love to say that I want to take you online on MK but I’m not provided with a character I wish to kick Scorpion’s ass with so, won’t be this time around. Having my ass kicked? So what? If I at least try. (Adding patches to downgrade a character’s feature in terms of power or a little bug each time when people complain?) I hate to lose too but if it results in a lost match, what’s so bad about it? Next MK game? Could be fun but I’m not even hoping for it anymore.

To conclude I wish to apologize if I ever insulted or disrespected anyone here. In terms of opinions or anything else. I know it’s late but arguments will happen. I’m sorry for any I could have fired up.
I will be doing other stuff with my spare time until I’m provided with good news about MK but since they planned on following the waves for this generation at least, it might take a long time. I would like to know why some of us (Or just me if you will but that means nothing to them) are left out for an attempt at being bigger than the bigger they would already be. Used to never compromise at all (Or almost not) and now will trade a lot they have for a little bit more? There was so much of a buzz towards that game that i dived in headfirst. To be rewarded with Freddy?

You don’t know how that feels. But that is still how it does feel to me. Since I don’t have much more to say about MK9, or about old games in less active forums, this was sadly my last post for a time.
Sincerely!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
roadkillking
Warrior

chicken Champion Fishkill Champion Roulette Champion paperthrow Champion
text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 7
My Mood: Cold
bold thread, well done
roadkillking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
MKRayden
Owner

1monstermem Champion Pacman Champion yeti1_5shots Champion bloodypingu Champion
text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 272
Likes (Received): 137
My Mood: Innocent
Total Downloaded: 111.28 MB
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: MKRayden
so wont online again on mknexusonline
MKRayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 174
Likes (Received): 33
My Mood: Buzzed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRayden View Post
so wont online again on mknexusonline
I want to stay on these boards trust me. I might change my mind. But i feel so sad that people are making threads about how much they want non mk related characters added. if i go online and don't buy Freddy, those who face me wanting to play with him, what happens?

Since they might listen to their fans, the non MK related characters already being popular? They will have the best over lesser known, less popular or less played character. I would like to stay optimist but have nothing happy to bring here anymore. After all is there someone who would not be sad if his fav character was not just pushed aside but replaced by non MK char?

MK9 being a reboot, i was forgetting about the fact that along with people asking for non MK related chars, you might start to hear stuff like:
"We want more ninjas, more cyborg, more shokans, two Motaro, more of the edenians **** chicks."

All over again

In a game already having a lot of them? What will they answer? Ed and the creators shouldn't take demands like that seriously imo.

So where will my fav, along with other younger characters will end up? I would love to know since i guess they threw her in the basket already. May make me a poser, but i don't ask for more of that. If that makes me someone who's not a true fan, well.

Even if people are more of Freddy and Jason fans (I'm a big fan.) they have the right to speak their mind. Because they want non MK related stuff would be unfair to push them aside i know. But add to that the fact that people might find many excuses as to why they suck when playing online with Freddy? Lags, Delayed stick, delayed this and that. When i just suck, or i quit or try to get better.

Much respect to the Freddy players that will come out of MK9. But if you ever happen to meet one online. Kick Freddy's ass all over the place.