Mortal Kombat Nexus  banner

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > Pc and Consoles Gaming > Pc / Console Gaming > PlayStation Gaming Review

Notices

PlayStation Gaming Review All Play Station gaming review

Comment

Bookmark and Share Review Tools Search this Review
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Published by Jonnyrp
01-02-2012
Author review
Graphics
80%80%80%
Sound
100%100%100%
Difficulty Level
60%60%60%
Value
60%60%60%
Average 75%
text
Marvel vs Capcom 3

The game? Marvel vs Capcom 3 or MvC3 if you will.

Obviously, this game is about characters from the Marvel comics universe facing the characters from Capcom universe. This is all the game is about. Once more, the game doesn't even begin to pretend it has a plot or storyline in my point of view. But that being said, this is one hell of a fun fighting game and, give me more time to try Super SFIV but MvC3 might just come out as the fighting game of the year in my mind. This is the only one that can allow itself to pretend it kept its promises. You cannot expect much from it from the get go but it has all the necessary and doesn't try to spoil us with ridiculous additions or time travel that didn't brought anything to other games but traded their souls and promises of nostalgic times to try and stand up to big companies expectations.

This time, in MvC3, you will be provided with 3 on 3 tag teaming fights only. You can't do otherwise. You can always choose weather you want to fill your teams with Marvel characters only or mix them both up though. The look is highly respectable, not putting any other game to shame but standing on its feet in front of them.

Replay value? That might be one of the flaws of the game and the biggest one. Sure you will have some characters to unlock but that's about it and once they are all on the roster, the arcade fights are redundant, unless you really mix up your characters choices, which will end up necessary imo. Once more in this game, the boss is really big and bad but not worthy of being a boss in a fighting games with characters that have such powers, weapons and strenghts.

In fact, once more, depending on weather you play against a player way better than you or not even close to being a match for you, you will realize that fights might start to last only the time of a good punch in the face and then the Knockout happens. Characters are not all on the same level in terms of damage so the previous statement is not impossible.

Gameplay? Well that is pretty confortable and pretty easy. What sux is that there has never been much to discuss in terms of gameplay for this franchise. You can input all the characters special moves by inputting the same controls each time. And this is a really fast pace fighter so my advice to the new players: Learn the 4 basic attacks and then 3 words: Buttonmash, Buttonmash and buttonmash. Once online, that you win or lose you will be portrayed as a poser by many no matter what after all. And with a game that fast, 2 guys playing far away from one another might end up getting their piece of the cake no matter what they do. With this game in particular, no player can come close to convince me that he knows what he's doing compared to another player.

I highly recommend the game but as a rent first. It's really fun but the lack of modes or secrets to unlock might get on someone's nerves and after 3 or 4 fights or walkthrought the arcade mode, some ppl might just have enough.

7/10 as general rating. But this game is a real fighting game, keeping its promises. You don't have much more than what you were told you were going to have so there is no lie in disguise. The hope for a new Dark Stalker soon kind of came back in my mind while playing this game. Based on what i heard, Capcom will base themselves on the MvC3 sells to decide weither they should work on a new DS or not. Crossing my fingers for a new DS game where Felicia, Morrigan would find their old friends and foes. Ah! Nostalgia!

text
By MKRayden on 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I played MVC and then stop play game after 1 week.
By RKO Dragon15 on 01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
lol you are flaming NS right there xD on the game itself, not much to say, its ridiculously simple
By Jonnyrp on 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Sound
100%100%100%
Difficulty Level
60%60%60%
Value
60%60%60%
Average 75%
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO Dragon15 View Post
lol you are flaming NS right there xD on the game itself, not much to say, its ridiculously simple
If you talk about a game in particular for the flaming, nope. Many did exactly that imo. But yeah, i really disliked MK9. And if you talk about MvC3 saying it's simple i agree.

Must say that i'm talking re-edition, new ameliorated versions of... New big action sequel using the same redundant... UNCHARTED 3 for instance.

Not saying Uncharted's third game is bad, but i include games like that in my critics.
Last edited by Jonnyrp; 01-05-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Comment