Mortal Kombat Nexu Banner

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > MKNexusonline Zone > News Updates

Notices

News Updates Read all the latest news about Mortal Kombat from around the world..

Comment

Bookmark and Share Article Tools Search this Article
Mortal Kombat 9 Planned As A Mature Return To Form
Mortal Kombat 9 Planned As A Mature Return To Form
Published by MKRayden
07-25-2008
Post Mortal Kombat 9 Planned As A Mature Return To Form

According to Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon, the next game in the long-running series could be designed as a more mature and graphic game than the recent titles in the series.
Speaking to Kotaku about the upcoming series collision of [B]Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe[/B], Boon said that he was keen to get the series back on track and was still eager to create a game in the same vein as the cancelled Mortal Kombat 8, which had been heavily inspired by the artistic style of Gears of War.
Though Boon admitted that there was little in the way of actual work completed on the next Mortal Kombat game after Vs. DC Universe, he was clear that the ninth Mortal Kombat game will strive for more blood and violence.
Of course, the series is getting a bit long in the tooth now and a spate of at best only half-decent sequels has diluted the Mortal Kombat name significantly, so whether or not a Mortal Kombat 9 is created at all will likely depend on how well Vs. DC Universe sells.
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe will star the full cast of the previous MK games as they go head to head with a range of characters from the DC Comics, such as Batman and Superman. Personally, we think Johnny Cage versus the Man of Steel is a tad unfair.

Click Here Read More

textLatest 5 articles
text
text
By Dragonflame218 on 07-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Well the man of steel doesn't have SUPERIOR NUT PUNCHING POWERS!!

... sorry
By Rain on 07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Lol nice point.......... Teen = DC.............. Mature = MK alone............... end of story.... Those guys are fkin liars..
By Jonnyrp on 07-29-2008, 04:46 PM
So at least we can hope for an MK9. But the creators are the only one to blame if you ask me for the fact that some fans turn them down every new games. They seem to esitate too much on going forward with younger, new characters and new stories and instead of always expanding the franchise like they did with MKDA and MKD they go back to the past often. I am one that doesn't care 'bout MKSM story or that crossover idea. Hope they finally decide to give us more new stuff next time.
By Dragonflame218 on 07-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Lol nice point.......... Teen = DC.............. Mature = MK alone............... end of story.... Those guys are fkin liars..
I played MK when i was 4 ... ^^
By Rain on 07-30-2008, 06:19 AM
When i was born and put in the Cradle I was doing a Fatality with Scorpion on Johnny Cage in MK1 !!!!
By Dragonflame218 on 07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Well i'm not suprised a baby like you can hold Block and press Up 2 times <_<
By RevyFan on 07-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflame218 View Post
Well i'm not suprised a baby like you can hold Block and press Up 2 times <_<
I am!!! xD

Anyway, about the upcoming MK, I hope that they drop some of the useless shit and concentrate on making good gameplay with more moves, better graphics, new and multiple costumes... Something that actually matters. Also, some new characters would be nice, but they need to try making them good, and I havenīt really seen this in some rather new characters.
By RKO Dragon15 on 08-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevyFan View Post
I am!!! xD

Anyway, about the upcoming MK, I hope that they drop some of the useless shit and concentrate on making good gameplay with more moves, better graphics, new and multiple costumes... Something that actually matters. Also, some new characters would be nice, but they need to try making them good, and I havenīt really seen this in some rather new characters.
u have it right
By Bad on 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRayden View Post
According to Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon, the next game in the long-running series could be designed as a more mature and graphic game than the recent titles in the series.
Speaking to Kotaku about the upcoming series collision of Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe, Boon said that he was keen to get the series back on track and was still eager to create a game in the same vein as the cancelled Mortal Kombat 8, which had been heavily inspired by the artistic style of Gears of War.
Though Boon admitted that there was little in the way of actual work completed on the next Mortal Kombat game after Vs. DC Universe, he was clear that the ninth Mortal Kombat game will strive for more blood and violence.
Of course, the series is getting a bit long in the tooth now and a spate of at best only half-decent sequels has diluted the Mortal Kombat name significantly, so whether or not a Mortal Kombat 9 is created at all will likely depend on how well Vs. DC Universe sells.
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe will star the full cast of the previous MK games as they go head to head with a range of characters from the DC Comics, such as Batman and Superman. Personally, we think Johnny Cage versus the Man of Steel is a tad unfair.

Click [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Read More
Comment