Mortal Kombat VS. DCU

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11 MK12

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat > MKNexusonline Realm > Chit Chat

Notices

Chit Chat Place for you to just hang out and talk about whatever makes our little minds tick. Rant and rave if you may, but try keeping it clean!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #11
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 174
Likes (Received): 33
My Mood: Buzzed
Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
How about showing some respect?! Do you have a grasp of what the word means? Apparently not. So I will explain the term to you. Heath Ledger was an Australian actor. He was just 28 years old when he died, and I was a big fan of his work. Next time you reply to a topic that is about a delicate subject matter, THINK first about what you post before you actually type it out. Otherwise refrain from replying to it.

The same goes for anyone else who wants to make a mockery of a deceased individual.

Why not showing respect to living individuals too when they think differently? I've lost 2 members of my family in front of my eyes i saw them die from cancer. I know what this is but Ledger? It won't change anything in my damn life and i was not making fun of him or his death but everything that can be taken as a grain of salt around.

The guy died from drugs apparently so do you really think it's so sad? I never met him or talked to him and he kind of killed himself so get over it and think about the people you care if you want an advice.

I post my own points of view and really we should all feel sad for someone we never knew? Not my type life's already tragic enuff when it comes to my surrounding. You care and i don't but i'm gonna post jokes or any of my opinions like everyone else so you respect me and ignore my posts if they bother you. I respect everyone here and ask for ppl to respect my type too.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #12
Kratos
Banned

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyrp View Post
Why not showing respect to living individuals too when they think differently? I've lost 2 members of my family in front of my eyes i saw them die from cancer. I know what this is but Ledger? It won't change anything in my damn life and i was not making fun of him or his death but everything that can be taken as a grain of salt around.
Respect is earnt, not given. And your comments were/are harsh and cruel. Seeing as you apparantly have the IQ of a young child, I shall go easy on you this time. You comments about Heath Ledger were NOT funny, and completely unwarranted. Let me tell you something, I have lost half of my family to cancer as well, so don't preach poverty or depression to me, man. I know what it's like. You ARE not the only one to suffer loss. So stop using that as an excuse to make fun of someone else. And just because you didn't know this indiviudal is no excuse to act like a jerk. Which you have already done.

Grow up!

Quote:
The guy died from drugs apparently so do you really think it's so sad? I never met him or talked to him and he kind of killed himself so get over it and think about the people you care if you want an advice.
Firstly, type proper English. He died due to an accidental over-dose of LEGAL PRESCRIPTION drugs. Not like most drug addicts who are not only a waste of space in today's society, but self confessed junkies. It's SAD when people like you say that it's not sad when people die that we don't know. Keep thinking like that, pal! Because all human loss is tragic. You should know this.

Quote:
I post my own points of view and really we should all feel sad for someone we never knew?
You did not post your point of view. You made MOCKERY of a good actor and person, who has a 2 year old daughter who will now only get to know her now deceased father through pictures and his movies etc. If that's not sad, the I don't what is. So yes, this is SAD!.

Quote:
Not my type life's already tragic enuff when it comes to my surrounding. You care and i don't but i'm gonna post jokes or any of my opinions like everyone else so you respect me and ignore my posts if they bother you. I respect everyone here and ask for ppl to respect my type too.
I sympathise with your situation, whatever it may be at present, btu we all have our problems, true? Big or small. Like I said above, you are not alone in this respect. So just because someone has to deal with circumstances in one's own life. That doesn't make it right to ridicule another's life.

You think about that next time before you reply.
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:26 AM   #13
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
See you are the one who still quotes me and want me to admit it is sad dude so you are the reason why i still reply to see you quote every word i say and make a fool of yourself. You talking to a 25 guy who works his ass everyday to live cuz he hates school and has seen death in his face more than once so stop pretending everyone who takes life has nothing are kids. They learned stuff you could not get out of a real life experience maybe since you cry on the death of an idole of yours and post to make others feel bad when there is no good reason to. Everyone will one day suffer loss but the death of a guy i know only for movies or that kind of thing is not one to me and should not be one for any kind of person that is proud and have a minimum of respect for real tragic things that occur in their own surroundings.

A death is always sad, true.

I was a big fan of Kurt Cobain in the early 1990 years and was really sad when he was found dead. He committed suicide, who's fault was that act? His wife driving him crazy? No but himself and just like Heath (God bless his soul) Kurt was 27 with a child. One of my far cousin was killed when i was 5 becuz of drug dealing, who's fault? Again he's to blame.

And like i explained before i'm the kind of guy to laugh at tragedy cuz it would be too much to bear with everything life brings us all to go on forums and try to make everyone feel sad about a guy that died from drugs when we all know him only by his name and his work.

What i said was a joke but you keep quoting me so... I apologize to everyone here that have lost family members or friends or any other kind of close persons in their life, i know how they can feel but you talk about a guy that i never met and know only for his name and try to make his suicide sound sad. Even though i agree it's not something fun i will make it sound in return as a grain of salt.

Plus everytime drugs are mentioned i'm not sure i should believe it is accidental but that doesn't change the fact that i laughted at Jack that wanted so bad to get the role and was beaten to it by a younger actor. I turned into a joke the fact he was dead to make fun of an other one. This is not the death itself i thought was funny even though i ain't a fan, you on the other hand seem to be but learn to accept sarcastic stuff or jokes even when no funny smileys are added if you want an advice, or learn the ways of the noob!:P

Crying on one of your fav actor really makes YOU sound like a kid. Honestly i was like that at 12, or at 30 well a guy's got issues (Not the one who said that first but that makes some sense).

Ignore this and talk to someone else about that instead of quoting me cuz i will reply. I reply when spoken to, bad habit i know.:P
Old 01-25-2008, 04:04 AM   #14
RevyFan
Master

Tournaments Won: 2

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 4
Kratos, maybe you should slow down a bit. If you canīt take a joke, which was after all pretty good and clever one, about an actor who died without all this... = / If that actor, who I havenīt ever heard about, meaned so much to you, ok. But you donīt need to get mad at people for a single joke.

RevyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:15 AM   #15
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
And i want to specify that the joke i wrote was directed at Jack Nicholson and not the actor mentioned in the topic title.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #16
Rain
Master

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
OMG so many long posts, Im not gonna read them :/ and im guessing you guys are argueing please tell me in a 2 lined answer :P
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:31 AM   #17
fencorrea
Mortal

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
How about showing some respect?! Do you have a grasp of what the word means? Apparently not. So I will explain the term to you. Heath Ledger was an Australian actor. He was just 28 years old when he died, and I was a big fan of his work. Next time you reply to a topic that is about a delicate subject matter, THINK first about what you post before you actually type it out. Otherwise refrain from replying to it.

The same goes for anyone else who wants to make a mockery of a deceased individual.
I deffinetly agree with you Kratos,deffinetly an awesome actor and he should be respected
fencorrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #18
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
Who said he didn't deserve respect? But honestly would we be discussing about him here if he was still alive? What sux is it seems i offended someone and even if i hate to say that i can recognize when i do so i'll apologize to Kratos but since i know that no one really reacts the same to death these kind of jokes will still happen everywhere. And the only moment i'm gonna refrain from replying to someone who quotes me after a little joke like that is when i'll realize i'm attacking someone personally so...

I truly respect Heath and his work, liked his movies and then again the joke was directed at an other actor but it seems someone took it like an act of disrespect. Sad.