View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
The Joker
Mortal

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Total Downloaded: 0
I was unimpressed with the PS2 MKs (the fighting ones, at least. Shaolin Monks was fun). The controls were awkward and you couldn't play smooth without knowing each character's move list. It the wrong button after punching? The character leaves an opening that could be avoided with a smoother kombo system, just like MK9. And the new characters? Most were lame. some were bad-ass, like Mavado, others were weird but funny like Havik, some were generic like Kobra and Darrius and others were just .... meh .... like Hsu Hao.

Never played Lockdown, I read some reviews and it looks like a simple boss rush. But then again, I'm not a fan of mobile games, I don't even have a cellular phone. I'm pretty excited by Injustice, though, being a DC fanboy and all. It's deja vu but I think Ed is taking baby steps to avoid failures like special Forces. right know he's still making a fighting game but works with different characters. Maybe after that he might make an action/adventure game (Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice, maybe? ;) )? After MK9, I'm pretty convinced Injustice might be good, especially if they get a awesome writer like Paul Dini to work on the story. I just hope they confirm the Joker as a character soon and, if so, that they won't go too far in the modernizing department, I'm not a fan of Harley Quinn's new look. :/

I guess the story mode in MK9 wasn't all that great but I think it was better than past tries, though I like the adventure formula of Konquest mode. Maybe we'll get something like that in the next MK, without the uninteresting new protagonist like we had in Deception and Armageddon? :) Storywise, I agree at that point, they couldn't have done anything but a retelling, Armageddon was a mess, they basically just put some reason to justify the 60 characters they put in the game. I'd be pretty happy if they kept the character count low or at least, made some real interesting characters that actually play a role in the story.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote