Forums - Mortal Kombat

Forums - Mortal Kombat (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mortal Kombat Classic (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   MK8 Deathtraps/Breaker System (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623)

Paralyzer 09-22-2007 06:53 PM

MK8 Deathtraps/Breaker System

Suggestions for MK8

Deathtraps:
I think the deathtraps should be for fatalities only, make them as easy to do as they are, jus only as a fatality. For example, Sectors stage in MKA, the one with the fan blades, you can only uppercut them in the top fan on fatalities. Deathtraps are fun for awhile but get old quick, adding them as fatality would make them more worthwhile and fun to watch...

Breaker System:
I also think it would be very interesting if they didnt use the breaker system in MK8. Leave in the parry system tho, it takes alittle more skill to use the parry correctly. And I relize this is jus a game but in real life, there are no breakers, but there is parry. I think that would be real interesting gameplay...

What do you think?

fencorrea 09-23-2007 12:02 AM

the breaker system should still b used,and the deathtrap thng well i thnk i agree

MKRayden 09-23-2007 12:23 AM

well Breaker System is good feature in mk games i never see in any fighting games this kind of feaure where Parry is already used SF

Paralyzer 09-23-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKRayden (Post 6729)
well Breaker System is good feature in mk games i never see in any fighting games this kind of feaure where Parry is already used SF

Well I know breakers were used in Killer Instinct...I know it wasn't in the older versions of Tekken but I'm not sure about the newer versions...

Don't get me wrong, Killer Instinct is a well balanced game IMO

Yeah I guess the breaker system is worth while. One thing Ive heard theyre getting rid of is the air kombat, I think they should leave it, it makes MK even more original, and it's alotta fun and adds much more to the game...

MKRayden 09-24-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer (Post 6732)
Well I know breakers were used in Killer Instinct...I know it wasn't in the older versions of Tekken but I'm not sure about the newer versions...

Don't get me wrong, Killer Instinct is a well balanced game IMO

well i never play Killer Instinct but Killer Instinct is also midway games

Rain 10-06-2007 09:42 AM

Hmm DeathTrap System I agree with you .. and it would rock if they put Cutscenes for different Deathtraps..

MKRayden 10-06-2007 11:34 AM

yea nice suggestion Rain i really like it

PenguinMasterOfDoom 10-06-2007 12:05 PM

OMG I love Killer instinct, one of my fav SNES fighters. And i do think they were the first to use the breaker system, but I also think it's nice how you have a limited use of them on the MK series.
I also agree that the air kombat system is original and should be kept, however I do feel like it shoud be expanded.

Paralyzer 10-15-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinMasterOfDoom (Post 7161)
OMG I love Killer instinct, one of my fav SNES fighters. And i do think they were the first to use the breaker system, but I also think it's nice how you have a limited use of them on the MK series.
I also agree that the air kombat system is original and should be kept, however I do feel like it shoud be expanded.

Yeah Killer Instinct is a very well balanced fighting game.
And as far as the air combat, yeah it could be expanded, but being as the first time it's ever been done, it's something they could/should add in the next one, with alittle more to it, and balance it out alittle better.

MKRayden 10-17-2007 12:39 PM

Killer Instinct any games released on Ps2