Forums - Mortal Kombat

Forums - Mortal Kombat (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mortal Kombat Classic (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Mortal Kombat 9 Facts and Information Thread (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2943)

MKRayden 06-21-2010 03:03 PM

Mortal Kombat 9 Facts and Information Thread

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Release Date 18 April 2011

Platforms Xbox 360, Playstation 3

Confirmed Characters

Character Roster is stated to be around the 26 mark.

• Scorpion
• Sub Zero
• Raiden
• Shao Kahn
• Mileena
• Kitana
• Jade
• Johnny Cage
• Jax
• Nightwolf
• Reptile
• Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Cyrax
• Sektor
• Sindel
• Ermac
Sonya
• Goro
• Stryker
• Noob
• Kratos (Exclusive for Ps3 only)

* Several post-MK3 characters can be seen in the Arena backgrounds. Examples being Kira, Daegon, Li Mei and Kenshi.

Gameplay

• Core gameplay mechanic is 2D with 3D rendered graphics.
  • The game is supposedly the fastest paced of any MK game
  • Heavy emphasis on Custom Combos.
  • Characters have their own match Intro's.
  • Each character apparently plays differently than the rest, Big focus on individuality.
  • Shang Tsung is heavily implied to be in the game
  • Each character will have an unlockable alternate costume
  • Konquest mode will not return
  • More modes featuring the 2D kombat engine

Power Meter

• Tier 1. Enhanced version of a Special Move/Attack.
• Tier 2. Combo Breaker.
• Tier 3. Special X-ray like attack which demonstrates the damage inflicted on your opponent internally in slow-motion.

Tag Team

• Allows 2 vs 2 Kombat.
• Each character has their own unique entry and exit.
• Able to call in your partner for assistance in a unique tag attack.

Confirmed Arena Stages

• Shang Tsung's Throne Room (MK1)
• The Deadpool (MK2)
• The Pit II (MK2)
• The Living Forest (MK2)
• Kahns Arena (MK2)
• Rooftops (MK3)
• The Bridge (MK3)
• Desert
• Bell Tower

Fatalities

It has been confirmed that there will be multiple fatalities per character. A detailed description will be added soon.

Online Multiplayer

• Will be available in 1v1 Kombat and Tag-Team
• Emphasis on Kommunity play. This includes a Spectator mode.
• New system incorporating Respect points. Will also influence Achievements and In-Game progress..

Details of three different editions of Mortal Kombat:

The Standard Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game.
The Kollector’s Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, Sub-Zero and Scorpion figurines, a collectible art book, downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes.
The Tournament Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, a portable fight stick, and downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes. The number of tournament editions is very limited with only 20,000 copies available in North America.
Players will be able to pre-order any of the above at North American retailers as of today. Specific pre-order programs include:

Gamestop: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Gamestop will get exclusive access to the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character Skin and the original Scorpion Fatality.

Best Buy: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Best Buy will get exclusive access to the Klassic Sub-Zero Playable Character Skin and the original Sub-Zero Fatality.

Amazon: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat on Amazon.com will get exclusive access to the Klassic Reptile Playable Character Skin and the original Reptile Fatality.

DLC

Also announced is that there will be DLC support. There is also a DLC placeholder on the Select Screen.

This thread will be maintained and modified as new information becomes available. If I have missed anything or if you'd like to make a correction or a rewording please let me know.

Screen Shot,Render,arenas,interview and other mk9 related info click [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Rain 06-21-2010 07:57 PM

Really waiting for this game.. but spring "2011"? :(

RKO Dragon15 06-23-2010 12:09 AM

mmm, Spring of next year, well, I guess I can buy God of War 3 first, but if I have anything clear, as soon as this game comes out, I'll be one of the first to buy it :D

MKRayden 06-26-2010 12:37 PM

Shangtsung,Raiden and elder sub-zero are also confirmed in mk 9

LK765 06-29-2010 07:39 PM

this will be a awesome game and it's coming out so fast.

classicsubzero 06-30-2010 03:21 AM

i can't wait! i hope it's not to exspensive..........but it's mortal kombat.......it will be!
:drum:i play drums!!

MKRayden 08-07-2010 01:12 PM

More Mk9 information added

ANKOBROWN 08-18-2010 10:04 PM

Yes, They taking it back to the good old days!

MKRayden 08-22-2010 04:18 PM

2 more arenas confirmed Desert and Bell Tower

RKO Dragon15 08-23-2010 09:35 AM

Hell Yeah!! I like the Belltower, but I hope for the Temple from MK3 with original or simply upgraded stage theme becuz its already epic as it is :D