Forums - Mortal Kombat

Forums - Mortal Kombat (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The 2010 Games are Here In Vancouver! Who are You Voting for, If Any? (https://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2750)

Shotokan 02-13-2010 08:16 AM

The 2010 Games are Here In Vancouver! Who are You Voting for, If Any?

Well me obviously Canada as they're being hosted in B.C, where I live. Opening ceremonies pretty exciting but long..meh. Well I saw Pakistan on there competing for the first time so I'll be rooting for them too to win some medals! =) As everyone too, but would be cool to see Canada win a gold medal in hockey in our own country. Nothing special but it's the one thing besides baseball that we absolutely kick some serious ass in. Usually always Canada vs US or Canada vs Sweden. They're all very good teams that tend to make it in the finals.

By the way sorry I haven't been very active. Busy with school and a paper so will have a little more online time here but not too much till the semester (or at least the writing paper part of it) is over.

Rain 02-13-2010 02:23 PM

Lol thanks for Voting the Pakistani :P.. What games is this about?

Shotokan 02-14-2010 02:37 PM

Well this year for the 2010 Olympics involves winter sports, so the next one will involve summer. Winter sports are the typical various sports of skiing, skate racing, hockey (of course), free skating/ice skating, snow board events, etc. Those types. The summer usually involved gymnastics, swimming, baseball, but the events really depend upon who is hosting them. For example, the next hosts of the Olympics can take out a sport such as baseball and replace it with another such as pin pong if they believe baseball isn't really a national sport or whatever to them. Well as far from what I've heard before too. Glad to see Pakistan is competing for the first time this year, surprised me and yet I silently cheered in my head for them =)

MKRayden 02-15-2010 10:16 AM

where is voting link?

Shotokan 02-19-2010 12:06 AM

I didn't put a vote link, I just decided to let people put their own thoughts in as there are so many countries, some with only one athlete, that it would be one long poll if I did.

However, if anyone does want to put a vote link in go ahead, I just didn't know if anyone would actually vote and as I said, there are so many countries in the olympics, and I can't remember if the vote poll actually has a limit because if it does, half of the countries competing wouldn't fit.

MKRayden 02-19-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain (Post 31370)
Lol thanks for Voting the Pakistani :P.. What games is this about?

what our Pakistani participate in this games

Shotokan 03-01-2010 03:38 AM

Yep you guys have one athlete for the olympics that you do :) And Canada wins the gold for mens and womens hockey! :) We have the most gold by any country within the olympics and we're going to win it for the first time this year because we have 14!

I was surprised though to see one athlete from Pakistan in the opening ceremonies but that's cool, even if there's only one the chance to actually compete would for sure be a lifetime goal for any athlete :)

MKRayden 03-01-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotokan (Post 31558)
Yep you guys have one athlete for the olympics that you do :) And Canada wins the gold for mens and womens hockey! :) We have the most gold by any country within the olympics and we're going to win it for the first time this year because we have 14!

I was surprised though to see one athlete from Pakistan in the opening ceremonies but that's cool, even if there's only one the chance to actually compete would for sure be a lifetime goal for any athlete :)

well yesterday team lose hockey against india

Shotokan 03-01-2010 09:40 AM

Well we lost our first game against the us. I was sitting in the cold for that one lol at the "Ozone" in Richmond.

MKRayden 03-01-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotokan (Post 31564)
Well we lost our first game against the us. I was sitting in the cold for that one lol at the "Ozone" in Richmond.

well it happened sometimes