MK-VS_DCU

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL

Go Back   Forums - Mortal Kombat X > >

Notices

Pc / Console Gaming All Computer,PlayStation, Xbox, Wii, Gamecube's and others consoling Gaming section

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
pain
Mortal

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 7
My Mood: Cool
Total Downloaded: 0
do you still think that tekken is above mortal kombat

Once there was the time when there was hype of tekken (specially tekken 3), it was one of the most famous and played game in the history. But era has changed so, do you guyz still thinks that tekken is above mortal kombat after so many changes they have made to the game and tekken is running on the same pattern except shifting from 2d to 3d.
Tekken has simply shift itself to 3d secondly they have added rage mode and nothing more. Basically they are running their game on the same pattern. To me tekken is like changing characters frame and then simply add 2 new character and release the game.
Mortal kombat is also best at 3d we had seen it in mortal kombat armagadon. They always tries to add new thing and keep them adding or at least we can say changing. what i mean is they had introduced X-Ray move and breakers and now in mkx they have introduced different variations of characters. They have shifted them from 3d to 2d because they want some change and changing doesn't mean to always move forward like 2d to 3d. To me MK is doing much much better than tekken.

pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
kombatant_mark_anthony
Skilled Warrior

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 9

Awards Showcase

My Mood: Relaxed
to me i reckon Tekken is above Mortal Kombat.

the first game i played was MK1 on Sega, i played the game it looked similar to a fighting game i loved more than Mortal Kombat was Killer Instinct. soon after i played MK3 for Super NES and UMK3.
my favourite MK game by far was MK Trilogy cos it had all the characters at the time.
the fighting moves have the similar input like Street Fighter knowing how to excel at doing special moves of the characters. soon later i started to have favourite characters i liked using, my favourite characters so far between MK1-MK Trilogy was Sonya Blade and Kung Lao.
i liked playing the new MK games like MK Deception and MK Deadly Alliance which brought new graphics to being 3d.

the first Tekken game i played Tekken 3 on a demo for PSX, then i owned the complete edition of Tekken 3, i played Tekken 2 and Tekken to know the storyline of what happened since then.
the input in doing moves was quite simple to do, the moves i liked doing the most was the 10string hits.
some of my favourite characters that i liked between Tekken-Tekken 3 are Hwoarang, Jun.
i liked the new improvements to Tekken in Tekken 4-Tekken 6 which were new moves, new characters, different stages.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
kombatant_mark_anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 174
Likes (Received): 33

Awards Showcase

My Mood: Buzzed
I disagree with the OP. I think Tekken is a far better 3d franchise than MK was in their 3d era (At least technically). 3d MKs were damn cool, with such great graphics and a different but still easy to master gameplay. MKDA and MKD, in order are my favourite MK games along with MK2, because they're the ones that felt the most like Arcade fighters to me.

As for Kombatant_Mark_Anthony, the oldest game i played in the Tekken series is 3. And despite not having the chance to play it that much i was already sold after a couple fights. Tekken5 was my favourite after T3 and i played it even more. Had better competition since i fought against friends during that time.

Quote:
Pain WroteTekken has simply shift itself to 3d secondly they have added rage mode and nothing more. Basically they are running their game on the same pattern. To me tekken is like changing characters frame and then simply add 2 new character and release the game

I like to have reoccuring/familiar characters in a franchise. Especially legendary series such as VF, Tekken and MK. What MK did great with expanding their roster, others did better than them at keeping characters and stories together for the most part (Which MK lost themselves with too many, they did the reboot we know.)

And that last part i quoted tells me that you still talk out of your hat Pain, and probably have played 1 or 2 Tekken games to actually not be able to see how many new characters arrived along the years. Without forgetting the fact that some of those new faces had been given great parts (Think of Tekken6 story or adventure mode. Still MK did a lot in terms of roster but they drop 75% and more of their new roster each new turn). Have you played Tekken6? Or the last Tag Tournament? Tekken7 doesn't seem to use the route of a lot of new stuff as much as 6 but let' see.

Last edited by Jonnyrp; 12-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Jonnyrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
pain
Mortal

text Post Thanks / Like
don't agreed

You asked me which part i had played in tekken so let me clear i had played tekken 3 than shifted to King of fighters because i had lot my tekken friends at that time and now many years later i found some so i again started playing tekken 6 and than tekken tag tournament 2 and now waiting for tekken 7.

Now answering to you guyz what you guyz reallying talking about is changing or adding game characters i know there are tons of character added to tekken but this doesn't make an impact on gameplay style, neither did creating good story mode makes any impact on gameplay. What gameplay changing means to me is changing moves, adding or changing special moves like they did with x-ray, added breaker, in previous parts like deadly alliance and deception (your's favourite) and armagadon they have introduced different styles like hand on hand and weapons that they have been lately changing them to VARIATIONS in upcoming MKX.

Take an example of BOB in tekken because he is my favourite and on second heihachi mishima.
BOB down+1 is 0 frame on block in tekken 6 and is considered as the most useful move which changes to -8 or -9 on block in tekken tag tournament 2. Now simply what i have to do is stop using d+1 in TTT2 and find another useful move, Do you think changing these types of things really making any changes to game. Secondly this also answers your second talk that is

Quote:
3d MKs were damn cool, with such great graphics and a different but still easy to master gameplay.
Now i asked you remembering only frame data is easy to master or learning the whole gameplay while the new features is added to game is easy to master?

I really don't know the truth but i think the great difference between you and me is you play MK for just knowing story mode and entertainment but i play MK for participating in tournaments,challenges and money matches around my country and i have challenged and defeat almost all players that belongs to my country.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
MKRayden
Founder & Webmaster

1monstermem Champion Ms Pacman Champion Pacman Champion yeti1_5shots Champion bloodypingu Champion
text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 252
Likes (Received): 135
My Mood: Innocent
Total Downloaded: 111.28 MB
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: MKRayden
Quote:
Originally Posted by pain View Post
I play MK for participating in tournaments,challenges and money matches around my country and i have challenged and defeat almost all players that belongs to my country.
watch below @pain money matches videos

Mortal Kombat 9 match between Faheem vs. Pain money match

Mortal Kombat 9 Pakistan (Pain vs Sohna) Money Match

Mortal Kombat 9 Pakistan (Mohsin Vs. Pain) Money Match

Mortal Kombat 9 (Sameer Vs. Pain) Money Match

Mortal Kombat Tournament in Pakistan Winter 2012
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
And[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mortal Kombat Nexus Online Pakistan 1st and Largest Mortal Kombat Gaming website Since 2006
MKRayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #6
pain
Mortal

text Post Thanks / Like
thanks

thanks for sharing the videos but it was past now i am desperatly waiting for mkx and nearly left playing almost all game including mk9, tekken and kof.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
MKRayden
Founder & Webmaster

1monstermem Champion Ms Pacman Champion Pacman Champion yeti1_5shots Champion bloodypingu Champion
text Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 252
Likes (Received): 135
My Mood: Innocent
Total Downloaded: 111.28 MB
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: MKRayden
more then 10 million waiting for mortal kombat x
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
And[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mortal Kombat Nexus Online Pakistan 1st and Largest Mortal Kombat Gaming website Since 2006
MKRayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pain View Post
I really don't know the truth but i think the great difference between you and me is you play MK for just knowing story mode and entertainment but i play MK for participating in tournaments,challenges and money matches around my country and i have challenged and defeat almost all players that belongs to my country.
I didn't quote your whole statement simply because, this is all left to opinion. You said MK was way better than Tekken since they are eager to make a lot of changes from game to game. That if it even means regarding the gameplay, which changes more often then not in MK compared to other games i know. But i actually told you only my opinion about it i think Tekken (and so it is for other games that i like better than Tekken) did better than the MK team in providing continuity, meaning that i don't think that turning the tables upside down each new generation or each new game like MK's doing is a plus. I already told you that continuity in character, story and so relevance were my type of things. Hence why VF and Soul Calibur are still my fav fighters.

And Pain . Cool it off about the moneymaking tourneys man. You are into them? You wish to be into them? Good for you. I wish you achieve your goal. But MK's actually became a serious tourney fighter in 2011, after the release of MK9 while many other fighters have been popular tourney fighters since their birth. So don't try and shove down my throat that with that fact that started with MK9 only, MK's became better than games that do this since long. A lot of people are waiting for MKX. I can hardly wait myself. This is going to be one of 2015's most popular release i agree. Both for casuals and pro fighters. They still made many character changes and gameplay changes, we see that with the videos. But will that make all the tourney players that started playing strategically with MK9 happy? Or will that many changes be the first nail of their downfall as a serious tourney fighter?

We'll see about that. I'm cool if it remains a great tourney fighter. But with that many changes each turn MK assures itself to remain an accessible game for casual players, those who'll buy the game, not make a dime out of it but buy it. Don't tell a VF, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, KOF or Tekken player that has made money or participated in tourneys that since 3 years, now that MK has started being recognized in their groups it has become such a better game than any tourney fighter based on the fact alone that they make so many changes. People are entitled to their opinion. But if you value that tourney fighting fact that much, and only have MK for an example, well keep working until you are as great as you want to be but the franchise didn't invent tourney fighters. Neither was it the reference when tourney fighters started to emerge.

You seem to be concerned with the idea that i play MK for means of entertainment, i'm fine with it but that's assuming i have never participated in a tournye for money. It is like a bastard child out of them, like the most popular game out of them but they were last to make it as a serious fighter which you seem to value so much. It seems to me, like i seem to you, that you value MK that much since they made it as a pro tourney fighter only, but disregard on games that actually were what you value so much about MK only because it is your fav.

Last edited by Jonnyrp; 12-04-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Jonnyrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #9
pain
Mortal

text Post Thanks / Like
reply to johny

i appreciate your reply and my guess was right you look mk as other way means story mode matters to you and obviously its not bad thing most of the people take keen interest in story mode which ever game they are playing. Yes, i am a big fan of mk and you will shock to hear mk9 is my first game in mortal kombat series that i have played and i didn't knew much story line what happened previous that is why story mode doesn't matters to me right now but i will find some one like MKRAYDEN by whom i will take full info what happened in past parts of mk. Secondly i am kind of player who like to play many games. Besides MK i also play Kof 98, kof XIII, tekken tag tournament 2, Dota 2, injustice etc but i am not that much good in these parts as compare to mk.
To me one should focus on the game whom he is good at but at present i had left gaming including mk9 and waiting for MKX and tekken 7.
But the most worst thing in my country which we gamers have to face is no one supports gaming here. Even though i and my other friends are good gamer but no one knew us except Pakistanese players. We don't have much money neither did we have any sponsors so that we can participate in big tournaments like EVO, MLG etc. You are one of the lucky guy to be born in Canada. There were many tournaments occured in Canada.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #10
Jonnyrp
Creator of Vaeternus

text Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

I know that you love gaming Pain. And so does MKR and MKN's members. We don't always agree on what game was or is the better game, but you're pretty focused on a game and you even seem interested in the past of MK. So, by what i hear from you, you're already such a good competitive player in your country. Credit to you, because it's due. I know that MK_Rayden is a great MK player, from my standpoint at least.

So i hope one day we face each other in a good MK Game. I never participated in tourneys but i'll be humble and ready to have my ass handed to me. If you're good and dedicated, just keep up the great work.