Mortal Kombat Kung Lao and Liu Kang

MK1 MK2 MK3 UMK3 MK4 MKGold MKDA5 MKD MKSM MKA MK8 MK9 MKXL MK11

Go Back Forums - Mortal Kombat 11 > >

Notices

News Updates Read all the latest news about Mortal Kombat from around the world..

Comment

Bookmark and Share Article Tools
Street Fighter x Tekken’ Producer Says ‘Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat ’ won't work
Published by MKRayden
08-06-2011
Post Street Fighter x Tekken’ Producer Says ‘Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat ’ won't work

If you listen closely, you can hear the frustrated screams of fighting game fans fresh off of their EVO2k11 bender. Despite Ed Boon, co-creator of the Mortal Kombat franchise and the “Noob” in “Noob Saibot,” tweeting several times that he would be open to a Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat crossover (or would that be krossover?), it appears as though Capcom isn’t quite ready for the two rivals to meet in battle.
In a recent interview with the Playstation Blog, Yoshinori Ono, Producer of Street Fighter X Tekken, claims that he doesn’t think Street Fighter will ever match up again Mortal Kombat. “I actually get a lot of requests for Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat on my Twitter feed and elsewhere,” said Ono. “I understand why people want it, but it’s easier said than done. Having Chun Li getting her spine ripped out, or Ryu’s head bouncing off the floor….it doesn’t necessarily match.”

no did go on to say that Street Fighter X Tekken represents a dream realized for him, but there is another he’d love to take on. “I’ve had a couple of dream projects in my head for a while, one being Street Fighter X Tekken, which is actually coming true,” said Ono. “Another would be a Marvel vs DC game which would be pretty damned cool if we could ever pull it off. I’m a big comic-book fan.”
Just because Ono doesn’t think Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat will ever happen doesn’t mean he has avoided the latter franchise. In fact, Ono went on to state that Mortal Kombat‘s story mode “beat” the story modes from Capcom fighters he’s worked on. “I’ve been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat, enjoying their Story mode,” said Ono. “And they did such a good job with their Story mode and some of the other features that I feel like they kind of beat me in that sense. So I’m playing these other fighters and enjoying them, but sometimes it depresses me, too.”

textLatest 5 articles
text
text
By Da Repp Resents on 08-31-2011, 09:04 AM
I agree that Street Fighter would not work with the gore element however from a straight up fighting standpoint it's the battle of the all battles. It's Marvel Vs. DC, Magic Vs. Bird, Yankees Vs. Sox and whatever. But s