PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Movie Cast Announced

MKRayden
02-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Fox has begun fleshing out the cast of the new Street Fighter movie, with most of the main roles now filled for the videogame adaptation.

According to Variety, Kristin Kreuk – most famous for playing Lana Lang in Smallville – has been cast as the film's main character, Chun-Li.

Micheal Clarke Duncan, who previously starred in The Green Mile, seems well cast as boxer Balrog, whilst Chris Klein (American Pie) will play Nash, and Rick Yune (Die Another Day) is master assassin Gen.

Source FightinGamer ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

RevyFan
02-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Hmm, not bad choises, Michael Clarke Duncan fits as Balrog, and Kristin Kreuk seems like great choise too, at least by the look, I think. The other two, can´t get them in my head really... I´ve seen those movies though.

LK765
02-24-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm looking forward to it.

Rain
02-24-2008, 02:24 AM
hmm looks good, but almost every movie looks good in the beginning and most of them turn out crappy..

RevyFan
02-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Well, if the budget is high enough, it should be good.

kombatant_mark_anthony
06-26-2008, 01:05 PM
I wreckon Holly Valance would be good playing Cammy if she is a possibility of being in the movie.

Dragonflame218
06-26-2008, 04:35 PM
I liked Vandamme as Guile xD

RevyFan
06-26-2008, 07:41 PM
I wreckon Holly Valance would be good playing Cammy if she is a possibility of being in the movie.
Not sure about the facem but not the worst possible either. ^_^

kombatant_mark_anthony
06-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Not sure about the facem but not the worst possible either. ^_^

In DOA Holly Valance played well with the character she was which was Christie who is an assassin. Cammy would be similar to that role except Cammy in Super Street Fighter she seemed to be on the good side going against Bison and fighting with Guile. In Street Fighter Alpha 3 Cammy seemed to be on the bad side. I'm not sure what side Cammy would be playing, Holly fits in the catergory.

RevyFan
06-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah I remembered DOA, actually only role of her that I remember. xD But I don´t know, she doesn´t fit that that well either, she looks too "nice" you know, not like a killer. :P

kombatant_mark_anthony
06-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I think that's what you have to portray in the movie what the character is supposed to be like. An assassin wouldn't seem like she looks like a killer, assassins have to seem nice so their identity isn't known, only you may know cos you know the character if it was someone they didn't know the character it would seem like who is this character representing in the movie.

Hanzo Jr.
06-28-2008, 01:46 PM
wats streetfighter? no im serious idk wat it is.

kombatant_mark_anthony
06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
It is a fighting game that has Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Balrog, E. Honda, Guile and many other characters.

MKRayden
06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
wats streetfighter? no im serious idk wat it is.
what you don;t know what is Street Fighter:fencing:

RevyFan
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
I think that's what you have to portray in the movie what the character is supposed to be like. An assassin wouldn't seem like she looks like a killer, assassins have to seem nice so their identity isn't known, only you may know cos you know the character if it was someone they didn't know the character it would seem like who is this character representing in the movie.
Admitted that you made some sense about Christie, but on the other side, the movie wasnīt absolute conversion of the DOA-games, in games Christie looks meaner and more deadly. And Cammy isnīt "nice" looking either really, and in the anime-movie of Streetfighter, she preferred straight action, not undercover so...

kombatant_mark_anthony
07-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Admitted that you made some sense about Christie, but on the other side, the movie wasnīt absolute conversion of the DOA-games, in games Christie looks meaner and more deadly. And Cammy isnīt "nice" looking either really, and in the anime-movie of Streetfighter, she preferred straight action, not undercover so...

I was mainly talking about Christie, I know Cammy has a different personality than Christie.

RevyFan
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I was mainly talking about Christie, I know Cammy has a different personality than Christie.
Ahh, alright. =D

kombatant_mark_anthony
07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Ahh, alright. =D

The only back up I know that probably shows is in DOA3 where Christie is speaking to Helena with a light tone on her voice, towards the end Christie reveals herself and is speaking with a bit low tone voice.
That's the only thing I can come up with. Christie's moves are like rock hard moves like she wants to kill her opponent which suggests being an assassin.

Kessen
07-24-2008, 05:28 AM
Looking forward to this movie

kombatant_mark_anthony
07-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah same here, I can't wait to know who'll be acting in it.