- Universal Moves across all variations: Spear, Teleport and Leg Takedown.
- According to NetherRealm Studios, Scorpion is overall the most damaging character in the Gamescom build. They clarified that this is likely to change with further development, balance tweaks and retail patch updates.
- Universal Moves across all variations: Ice Ball and Slide.
- The special move 'Frozen Aura' in his Unbreakable variation allows Sub-Zero to absorb one or two hits without stun, etc. Enhanced version increases the amount of hits he can endure before it wears off. Visually the move encases him entirely in a thin layer of jagged ice.
- Victory Pose: He constructs an ornate Kori Blade with his hands which he then forcibly sheathes into the ground. Camera pans in close to his face and he clasps his fist into an open palm.
Luke Karmali sitting down with Mortal Kombat's creator Ed Boon, therefore, was always going to result in me bombarding him with questions about just what we should expect from the latest MK installment in terms of returning characters, and how the game's story will play out.
it's a direct continuation, but the timespan it crosses is 25 years in length," Boon explained regarding Mortal Kombat X's storyline. "There are periods that are directly after MK9, then there are periods that are five, ten, 15 and 20 years out. A lot of the events take place 25 years after where we see older versions of the characters, like Cassie Cage and all that. But it does jump around in time; it's not a linear thing." Mortal Kombat 9's Story Mode serves as the basis for how we'll watch events unfold in the new installment, though we should expect things to move around somewhat. Though Boon wouldn't be easily drawn on specifics, he did admit the rise and fall of Kotal Khan and his (presumably non-romantic) relationship with D'vorah would both have roles to play.
"You still play the different chapters and each chapter has a character where it follows their actions, but instead of just jumping from one character to the next, it'll jump in time as well. So all of a sudden, you may have a flashback and you'll participate in those, but sometimes the story will... [Read More]