Mortal Kombat X themed controller was revealed at the GameStop Expo earlier this week. The controller is very minimalist in design missing a D-Pad and triggers. The bumper buttons are laid out next to the normal buttons to be more accessible when pulling off combos. The design itself is weird and sports an asymmetrical design with the right side curved off. The menu buttons are along the top of controller.
Despite only seeing an Xbox controller in the picture, it is noted that a Playstation controller will also be released alongside it. This is the first officially licensed Mortal Kombat X controller for either system at this point
The controllers are still 'pending approval', so they could still alter the design before they're released.
- Universal Moves across all variations: Spear, Teleport and Leg Takedown.
- According to NetherRealm Studios, Scorpion is overall the most damaging character in the Gamescom build. They clarified that this is likely to change with further development, balance tweaks and retail patch updates.
- Universal Moves across all variations: Ice Ball and Slide.
- The special move 'Frozen Aura' in his Unbreakable variation allows Sub-Zero to absorb one or two hits without stun, etc. Enhanced version increases the amount of hits he can endure before it wears off. Visually the move encases him entirely in a thin layer of jagged ice.
- Victory Pose: He constructs an ornate Kori Blade with his hands which he then forcibly sheathes into the ground. Camera pans in close to his face and he clasps his fist into an open palm.